Objective of APEDA
The objective of APEDA is to promote schedule products export and to achieve this various functions has been undertaken by this body under the regulation of central government. Central government lays down the rules and regulation and implements through this body for the efficient administration of APEDA Act.
The advantage of APEDA Registration
1. With respect to the export of scheduled products, APEDA registration is mandatory.
2. Exporters can avail the various financial assistance schemes of APEDA.
3. It helps the exporters in brand publicity through advertisement, packaging development, database up-gradation and surveys etc
4. Provides guidelines to exporters about the various products and countries for export
5. Registered members can participate in training programmes organized by APEDA for various scheduled products and thereby improve their business.
Agricultural & Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) is a government organization established in 1985 through an act for the development and promotion of export of scheduled products. It provides financial assistance, information, guidelines towards the development of scheduled products. The products specified under the APEDA ACT are called schedule products and exporters of such scheduled products are required register under APEDA.
FSSAI [Food Safety & Standards Authority of India]
Food Safety and Standards Authority of India is an autonomous body established under the Minister of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, to ensure that the food products undergo quality checks thereby cutting down food adulteration and sale of substandard products.
A person who wants to run a business in food sector which includes activities such as food processing, manufacturing, packaging, distributing has to register for the licence from FSSAI.
Types of Licenses
FSSAI Basic Registration :
Food business with turnover below 12 Lakhs annually.
FSSAI State License :
Food businesses with turnover more than 12 lakhs but below 20 crores annually.
FSSAI Central License :
Food businesses with turnover of more than 20 crores annually.
Requirements of FSSAI
People who wish to start their businesses in the food sector have to obtain FSSAI License to carry any food-related business. Food business entities need FSSAI License depending upon the eligibility and the type of business they wish to run.
IEC [Import / Export Code]
Looking to start an Import / Export business?
Get ready to register for IEC
Any business relating to Import/Export need to register for an Import Export Code, which is a unique 10 digit code issued by the Director General of Foreign Trade (DGFT), Ministry of Commerce. The reason to apply for IEC is, it will be required by importers to clear customs and shipment and transfer money to foreign bank. It is also required by the exporters to send shipments and receive money from foreign banks.
What is MSME/ SSI?
Micro Small and Medium Enterprises are segregated in 3 different types, which are mentioned below:
• Micro Enterprises - When a business sets 25 lacs rupees in a particular business in the manufacturing sector comes under Micro Enterprises. Under the Services sector when an industry sets 10 lakh rupees comes under the service sector of Micro Enterprises.
• Small Enterprises - Small Industries are the one who has set more than 25 lakhs and below 5 crores comes under the manufacturing sector and when the industry invests more than 10 lakhs and less than 2 crores under Services sector comes under Small Enterprises.
• Medium Enterprises - Medium Industries are the one who has set more than 5 crores and below 10 crores comes under the manufacturing sector and when the industry invests more than 2 crores and less than 5 crores under Services sector comes under Small Enterprises.
Small Scale Industries (SSI) is a type of company who manufacture goods or services with the help of relatively smaller machines and a few workers and employees. The limits of Investment for Small Scale Industries are mentioned below:
• Investment in plant and machinery must be between 25 lakhs and 5 crores for the manufacturing Industries.
• Investment in plants and machinery must be between 10 lakhs and 2 crores for services industries.
6 Benefits of MSME/ SSI Registration :
1. As soon as a Company gets registered under MSME or SSI, they get liable to utilize various schemes and benefits as per the government.
2. It is possible to avail a 50% subsidy on Trademark or patent registration.
3. MSME or SSI registration will help you to avail the Industrial Promotion Subsidy.
4. By providing an application to the Electricity Department, the companies registered under MSME can get a concession on the electricity bill.
5. They are liable to avail reimbursement of ISO certification expense.
6. MSME or SSI registered company can get 1% exemption on Overdraft facilities.
ISO is an independent international organisation that facilitates innovation and leads the way to the development of trade. The objective of ISO is to advance the improvement of standardisation in technology. ISO has listed internationally recognised standards (e.g, 9001, 22000, 14000) to encourage the worldwide exchange of goods. ISO registration or ISO certification improves the credibility of your business and helps you get more business. You might have seen ISO 9001 Quality mark on products from large companies. This can be attained through ISO certification.
Types of ISO :
ISO 9001:2015(QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM)
ISO 14001:2015(ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM)
OHSAS 18001:2007(OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY SYSTEM)
ISO 22000:2005(FOOD SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM)
ISO 27001:2013(INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM)